Ever wonder how you could become like the girls in Movies and on TV? Well, you can if you follow these simple instructions. Soon, you'll be strutting down the hallways of your school, all attention will be on you. You'll be the most known girl in school, you'll be a Drama Queen, Beach Beauty, Fashionista...Steps
1. Don't change yourself, just be yourself. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars on a brand new wardrobe, even if it's what every other popular girl has. See what other popular girls wear, and from there create your own style. Show your personality and who you really are. Be confident. You have to believe that you're popular in order to be popular. If you know you’re cute, funny, and fun to be around, you’ll be able to share those qualities with others.
2. Be confident. Stop thinking you are ugly or that you aren't cool enough. Everyone is either beautiful on the inside, outside, or both. Be comfortable with that! Think of your qualities for a while. You're cool through them. Just believe in yourself and let people meet your virtues. If you don't feel it, fake it. Think that you are cool and pretty, because when you start believing it, others do, too!
3. Take care of your body. This doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself. Rather, try to get into shape. Eating healthy and exercising is important and effective; so is staying clean with good hygiene. Drinking plenty of water can help your skin look great and improve your overall health. If you get to the point where you feel good about your body and the great shape you keep it in, others will see that.
4. Get your own fashion sense lined out. It’s no secret that style can get you far in the girl world. You can shop at the popular stores and if you can afford it, try to buy designer clothes and accessories (don't buy cheap knockoffs and try to pass them off as real). It’s also great to develop your own unique style, adding individual touches that are really you, instead of copying everybody else. Be unique. Accessories like earrings, belts, bags, etc. can do wonders.
5. Take your hair for a ride. While not essential, a change to your hair could be just the wake-up call you need to feel confident and get out there as a popular girl. As with everything else, make sure your hair is well-groomed and taken care of as often as possible. Shower every day, wash your hair at least 3-4 times a week, and condition (from the middle of the hair down).
6. Apply makeup carefully if you like putting on makeup. You don't really need makeup but putting it on could make a big boost in your confidence. While most popular girls wear makeup, it’s important to be tasteful about it. You really want people to think you're not wearing any makeup at all. Makeup can help you to emphasize things you like about your appearance, and draw attention away from things you don’t. Be sure to blend your makeup so it will not stand out and that way it will look natural. Foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick, and lip gloss are all you need. If possible, carry these things around with you in a cute bag for touchups. Also, take your makeup off as soon as you get home, so you can let your skin breathe.
7. Be outgoing. Being shy won’t win you any new friends. You’re going to have to get out there and talk to people. You cannot be afraid to talk to others. Whether it’s chatting up to popular girls in class or at lunch, getting yourself invited to the hottest parties, or winning an athletic contest, make your name known. Everybody needs to know who you are. Like people and show it. Be friendly and interested in people, and many of them will like you back. You don't win popularity by hiding in the corner or expecting people to approach you and suddenly appreciate you for the true gem you are. If you're shy, make friends with really outgoing people. They will encourage you to talk to other people, and soon it will be easy for you.
8. Get involved. Popular girls are usually well-rounded, and comfortable in almost every sphere of the school. Join a sports team or club. This will help you to meet many new people and establish you in the school. Be sure to do something you actually like, as people can tell when you’re faking. No one likes someone who does a sport or club just to be popular.
9. Know what your body language is telling people. For instance, when you cross your arms your body language can give the impression, "Don't bug me." Another example is slouching - a sign that says, "I don't feel I'm very important." Positive body language is all about how you feel about yourself and how you make others feel. The most popular people in school or at a party usually know how to make everyone else feel good by using plenty of positives gestures like nods, eye contact and, most important of all, a sparkling, warm smile.
10. Seek opportunities to socialize. Even if it's just walking from one class to another, find someone that has the same schedule as you do so that you can walk and talk. If you really feel like doing something will benefit you, ask a friend to do it with you. You'll find that you are rarely turned down.
11. Develop relationships. As you begin to meet people, don’t just treat them as items on a checklist. Find out what they like to do, their interests, and learn about them as people. You’re trying to make friends, not just be known. Also, be sure to keep in touch with your old friends—you don’t want them to think you’ve forgotten about them just because you’re making new ones. Don’t exclude anyone.
12. Study hard if you're into having good grades. Being popular doesn’t mean being stupid. Participate in class, do your homework, and don’t be afraid to be known as a smart girl. Just be sure you leave plenty of time for social activities. Let people know that academics are important to you, but are not your whole life. Show them you know how to be social.
13. Don’t believe the hype. You don’t have to be bitchy to be popular. You can be friends with whomever you want. That’s what being popular is. Stay true to the things that are most important to you, and the rest will come with ease.
14. Stick to your values and morals. That is what matters most. You may be a 15 minute celebrity, but it is better when you are respected for who you are. Keep it clean, get good grades, and help others, and then you will shine for the true you and not a shallow type. Be a great leader and many people will follow.Tips
• To a great degree, popularity involves being incredibly cruel to other girls so that the rest will fear you and think you're cool. Later in life you will probably decide that a few close friends are far more important than popularity, and that being liked is entirely different from being popular.
• It's always cool to smile. If you have braces smile with your mouth closed in case you have something in your teeth. This can add an air of mystery.
• If you have a particular group of friends, and you are particularly shy, try standing near the same people until they start talking to you. It is longer, and you make less of an impression, but it is a lot less stressful.
• Sadly, sex may make you the talk of the school, but do you really want to be popular for that reason?
• Learn how to dance and Find Your Own Dancing Style. Put on some music in your room and get good at it. Don't be shy, because no one's watching you. If you do this every day, you'll be a pro at dancing. Then you can actually dance at the dances... Remember, you can just go with friends and have fun.
• Learn to Sing: Just practice singing with the songs in your room. If you practice using your voice to sing everyday, your voice will improve. Then you will be able to sing along with song with your friends, do karaoke, etc.
• Avoid staying home on a weekend: make sure you are out having fun with your friends (or out doing fun stuff even alone). The more people see you, the more they'll like you. Studies have shown that familiar faces are liked more by people than ones they don't see often.
• Keep up with the latest trends in entertainment -- this means listening to popular songs and artists, as well as watching MTV. But make sure you don't lose interest in your own hobbies--don't lose who you are! Remember, always be yourself in any situation.Warnings
• Don’t drink or do drugs because you think it will make you popular. Holding true to your beliefs and values will get you more friends than any drugs will.
• Girls do have a tendency to get jealous and may spread rumors about you as you become more popular. Be prepared to deal with this in a calm and effective way. Try to be nice to everyone and never give people a reason to make fun of you.
• Don't let your emotions get the best of you. If someone says something snotty to you, just let it go. You'll be respected more.
• Remember, the people you think are "cool" now may not be as cool in 5 years. Attitudes change, fashion changes, and people grow and learn. Don't do something stupid that in 5 years you will regret.
• Don't be a snob. Making fun of people and spreading rumors just to fit in might get you popular, but with the wrong group.
• Be prepared to get dropped. This is very common, especially with the most popular girls. Just continue on and pretend that you don't care, even if you do.